On June 6, 2015 my learning group and I show together the scenery ” Cambodian Daily Life Style ” that aim to explore our culture with immigrant community, and how we organize through the play, dance, and traditional music with authentic delicious Cambodian traditional food.
I was working hard to write to plan event, many people help to suggest ideas to do thing. I changed couple times before a decision was decided. A script writing isn’t easy, and I spend week and week to finish it. To get the player isn’t so hard because I get help from a dancer group of Cambodian Community that organization named Khmer Cultural Preservation and all of their staff were collaborated and help for any need. Helper because of good connection any need and request help people in community happy to involve all activities that request from community.
Stage manager, lights, technician were greatly collaborate and well understanding each other and every points that we had mentioned, they were running smooth until the end of show. All gests, spectators, seemingly paid attention to every performed activities included Khmer musical instrument traditional Khmer song too. From starting time to the end we were followed accurately on time.
All guest were enjoyed testing variety traditional Cambodian food with enthusiastic and friend ship before they saying good night from each other. Great occasion for all fellowships and guests had chance to exchange their information.
I have a great leaning from this event as an experience of organizing duties in future such as the following:
– To do documenting and organizing information.
– Organizing and selecting team work, and assigning job.
– How to do a big responsibility in an event like this.
– Understand how to stand and give a speech in front of a big group of people.
– I am proud of myself on putting this public presentation which I had not done before.
– And I want to say thank you so much to all the staff of Pan Valley Institute that supporting me to do this event.