Good morning Fellows,
I just want to share and asking you all if anyone have any other suggestions or reconmendations for my working team. On Saturday 6/10/12 from 9:00-12:00, my working team met and report their culture assessment findings from the Hmong community. We had 14 working team members show up for the meeting that day. Our next meeting is 7/15/2012. Majority of the working team members reported their outcome as follow:
1. There is a major disconnection or generation gap between the young and old Hmong generation regarding culture issues
2. There is a major disconnection and cultural gap between the Hmong culture and other none Hmong cultures
3. The Working Team agreed to name themselves as “Hmong Culture Connection”.
Some of the ideas how to address these two issues were discussed:
1. Hold a 1 to 2 hours workshop event to address some these issues
2. Come up with and culture preservation plan and use teachnology to connect the gabs between the Hmong generation gab and the Hmong culture to other cultures as well.
Please add any of your ideas, suggestions or recommendations and send it to me. I was wonder is it your communty has similar culture issues and if you do, how do you address it?